Thursday, June 18, 2009

Earliest Memory

My memories seem to start at Hill Air Force Base in Clearfield, Utah. We lived in a three bedroom house on base. I can still picture the layout. (Remember that these memories are random and not in chronological order).We had a good size back yard that I made a big snowball, when it started to melt all kinds of "ice caves" began forming. In these "ice caves" I would place my GI JOES, (a hidden ice base), and would play for hours.

There was a field not to far away that I would go to and collect Praying Mantis and bring them home for my Praying Mantis farm. I had set up a twisted piece of wood near the house and would feed them worms and grass hoppers. I loved holding the insects in my hands and feeling there pincher's squeeze at my flesh,( it kind of tickled).

Also close by was a hill that all the neighborhood kids called Grasshopper Hill. This hill was used for climbing, Sledding during winter, and games of chase and hide and seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment