Monday, June 29, 2009

Christmas and School in Utah

The first Christmas I can fully remember was on Base in Utah. Christmas eve after being in bed for some time when I head a loud mewing that woke me up. I went to the living room where I found my Mother laying on the couch. I told her I heard a cat that was really loud and that I couldn't sleep. She said it was outside and that I should go back to bed. It was dark so I couldn't see the Christmas tree or anything around it, so I didn't think anything else of the sound. I went to bed and finally fell asleep. When my sisters and I woke up, ( early in the morning.....of course), we found a tall round cat house with three holes cut in the side, carpeted in a tan color, that was a little confusing until we heard a kitten meow. We had our first pet!! I do not remember the color of the cat or anything else received that year. My Dad and our neighbor (Eric) had built the cat house from scratch,(it lasted for many years)

Of school I remember one day waking up to a very foggy morning. We usually walked to school (15 minute walk I think), and that day was no different. It was very strange to "walk among the clouds that day. I went to a fairly large school with stairs and lots of classrooms and a lot of kids. A couple of friends and I participated in the unofficial "sport" of kissing tag, ( chase girls, catch girls, kiss said girls!!). We played on a big slopping lawn that was great for running games.

No comments:

Post a Comment