Thursday, July 29, 2010

Remembered activities with Dad

I was trying to think of things to do with my children by looking into my past and seeing what things my Dad and I did together…

  Me, Mom, Dad and my sister Daniellescan0009

I received a toy microscope from one of those “sell to get prizes”, that you would find on almost all kids magazines in the 80's. I was so excited, I wanted to see what blood looked like, ( it’s a boy thing), but i was terrified of pricking my own skin. I waited for my Dad to come home and see if he would give me some blood.

 

During my short time with the scouting program I (like all scouts), did the pine wood derby. I brought my derby car kit home and Dad and I designed a car. The part I remember most is when it came time to give the car some more weight. We drilled holes in the front where the head lights would go on a normal car. We then got an old soup can and melted some of the lead bars that came with the car. we then poured, (well Dad Did the pouring), the lead into the two holes we just made.

I remember going camping as a family, the smell of pine, the sound of birds in the mountains, running water, and camp fires. One time while Dad was driving us to our camp site in the mountains, I looked out the window of our station wagon and saw nothing but a very step drop.

I remember driving to a house to either look at or pick up my dads 1973 Dodge Charger (it was an awful green color at the time). One summer day Dad was working on the engine, He kept revving it up. I was inside the house and was scared that the car would blowup.

Dad made a cat house with our neighbor Eric Fink. We got a cat for Christmas.

My Dad and I liked to watch the hit TV show “Battle star Galactica” on Sunday afternoons. We also watched “Air Wolfe”, “The A-Team”, and “MacGyver”.

I remember my Dad baptizing me at the age of eight only because I remember a picture of Dad and I standing under a tree dressed in white.

 

Unfortunately this is all I can remember at this time.  If and when I have more memories to share I will.

 

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment